Starting in 2012, Modular Merchant began a Charitable Contributions Committee, in which the company established a fund for making donations to various civic, educational, cultural, community, and health care organizations. The company is proud to have this opportunity to support worthy charitable causes.
Modular Merchant demonstrates its social responsibilities in several ways. First, the company supports many well-defined, ongoing charitable programs. Second, the company regularly reviews and considers requests from health and community-assistance programs. Third, our employees are encouraged to serve in leadership positions and volunteer their time in organizations that are important to them.
The Company's primary charitable focus is on programs for health, assisting child and human services.
Our Charitable Contributions Committee fund has been established to distribute donations from the company and its employees. The Charitable Contributions Committee (CCC) reviews and considers the requests for donations that are submitted to the company. The members of the committee are authorized to make donations in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines. In order to receive consideration from this committee, an organization must be (1) non-profit, (2) organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, educational, and other humanitarian purposes, (3) supported in whole or in part by charity and (4) have tax exempt Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) status from the IRS.
Organizations given priority consideration by the CCC:
- Child assistance
- Emergency relief
- Programs based in communities where Modular Merchant employees live and work
Requesting organizations should address their specific request in writing to:
Charitable Contributions Committee c/o
1126 Gateway Loop
Springfield, OR 97477
The Committee meets regularly to review all requests. A written response is made for each company decision. Modular Merchant will only consider one contribution request
per year from each organization.
All charitable requests should be addressed to the Chairman of the Charitable Contributions Committee (CCC) and must contain the following:
- A one-page written summary statement which includes:
• The amount requested and funding periods
• Any key deadline dates
• The organization's program/project needs
• The organization's goals and objectives
• A mission statement of the organization or project
• The program/project fit with Modular Merchant's business operations
- The organization's name, address, telephone number, and the name of a contact person familiar with the proposal.
- Current operating budget; program/project budget, if applicable; sources of financial support; amounts committed or pending; and a statement of administrative, fund-raising, and general expenses.
- Recent audited financial statements if available and the organization's most recent annual report.
- A copy of the organization's certificate from the Internal Revenue Service as a Sec. 501(c)(3) or Sec. 501(c)(4) organization.
- A list of officers and board members and their affiliations.
A personal interview with an official of the organization may be required by one or more members of the CCC as a condition of making a contribution. If the request is made by a person in an outlying location, the interview can be accomplished by local management or by telephone. At Modular Merchant, we encourage good citizenship and responsiveness to the civic, cultural, health, and educational needs of the communities in which we operate. We are committed to our role as corporate citizens to support, to the greatest degree possible, those community organizations which provide services to our employees.